THROUGHOUT THE LIFE CYCLE OF A STARTUP, FROM THE FIRST QUESTIONS REQUIRED TO DEVELOP A MINIMUM VIABLE PRODUCT (MVP) TO THE INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING OR THE SALE OF THE COMPANY, FEW THINGS ARE MORE VALUABLE TO THE SUCCESS OF THE BUSINESS THAN ACCESSIBLE, AGILE, EXPERIENCED, AND RESPONSIVE LEGAL COUNSEL.
We have a multidisciplinary group specially structured and dedicated to startups, LEAD. We believe in your idea, we act as business partners, and we do whatever is possible to open paths and grow together. To this end, we offer innovative legal intelligence, customized and suited to each development stage of a startup, with the Machado Meyer quality standard.
While the entrepreneur plans how to explore new opportunities, we help him draw up the entire base of legal documents to start and expand the business. We offer guidance on the regulations applicable to the type of enterprise or industry in which the company operates and on the demands of investors and financing entities.
As part of our broad offering of legal services for startups, we advise all players in the ecosystem, such as accelerators, founders, venture capital funds, angel investors, and advisors.
PARTNERSHIP WITH STATE
To be increasingly closer to the innovation ecosystem and offer customized legal solutions, we work in partnership with State, an independent hub formed by startups, corporations, venture capital funds, and accelerators, focused on originating and developing disruptive businesses and projects.
We have our own space within State, whose facilities occupy 10,000 square meters in Vila Leopoldina, in the western zone of São Paulo. With this partnership, we will offer the best we have at Machado Meyer, excellence in legal services, and State provides an independent environment to house people and ideas, with the calling to transform realities.
OUR MAIN SERVICES
Digital law and data protection
- Software development, licensing, or assignment agreements
- Software registration with the INPI
- Management and disputes regarding industrial property (patents, industrial designs, trademarks, etc.)
- Legal support in connection with cyber fraud
- Drafting of personal data protection policies, privacy notices, and contractual adjustments
- Consents to processing of personal data
- Mapping of data flows, policy-making, and structuring of governance in privacy and personal data protection, including structuring of responses to personal data subjects and the specific regulations of the National Data Protection Authority (ANPD)
- Advice to the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Preventive action in preparation of responses and remediation plans to privacy incidents and crisis management
- Legal support in the use of artificial intelligence solutions
- Drafting of articles of incorporation/operating agreements or bylaws
- Drafting and negotiation of partners’/shareholders’ agreements
- Preparation of share-based long-term incentive plans
- Assistance in the fund raising process, including drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements, term sheets, loans and convertible debentures, and investment agreements, among others
- Assistance in the analysis and definition of corporate structures, including impacts of offshore structures under Brazilian law
- Preparation of corporate acts related to both day-to-day business and reorganizations
- General inquiries on corporate affairs
- Drafting of contracts for for key employees
- Drafting of contracts with restrictive clauses for employment contracts (non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, retention, etc.)
- Advice for labor union classification
- Analysis and definition of jobs subject to time tracking and tracking modalities (in particular, non-conventional)
- Definition of method for hiring employees
- Implementation of variable compensation plans
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements
- Telecommuting, home office, and flexible working hours policy
- Policies encouraging diversity and inclusion